What are the secrets to a successful first year as a teacher?
Alisha from Rainbow Sky Creations joins us on the podcast this week to give us 5 of her best tips.
In short, here are her 5 tips:
1. Get organised – know where everything in your classroom will be stored. Worksheets. Resources. Make a place for everything.
2. Routine & expectations. Practice these and remind your students again and again.
3. Find time in your week to plan the following week. Where am I taking my students?
4. Record assessment data from day 1! Find a system that works for you.
5. Find a mentor. This could be someone in your school, or a teacher from another school.
Alisha & Ashleigh started Rainbow Sky Creations about 5 years ago when they wanted to make some resources to help beginner teachers.
They now have a stack of resources for prac teachers right up to experienced teachers.
Check out some of their amazing resources here:
Today's sponsor: WillPro
Use the code teacherpodcast for a 15% off discount! https://willpro.com.au/